Would you say your time management skills were good?
How many marks out of 10 do you give yourself for your time management?
10 out of 10 means:
- For at least 80% of the time you are working on the task with the biggest payback.
- All your tasks are written down, you don’t rely on memory.
- If a new task is given to you, or if you think of it yourself, you write it down.
- At any point in time you can see what all your urgent tasks are within 30 seconds. (This means that if there is an emergency you can quickly assess your best course of action.)
- You prioritise your tasks effectively.
- You rarely, if ever, feel overwhelmed.
- You don’t miss appointments.
- You have a good work/life balance.
- You review everything on your to-do list, as well as all your projects, once a week.
- In your review, you decide which projects to continue with, which to start, and which to abandon or put on the backburner.
- You don’t have too many active projects.
- You are not a perfectionist; you realise that for most things 95% is good enough (probably not if you’re a surgeon. Or a power station designer LOL).
- You regularly review how your time management is going, and think of improvements, which you then implement.
Time management is not essential
It is not absolutely essential that your time management is brilliant. It is possible to be successful and still have only average time management skills.
But, if your time management skills are good – and if not – don’t worry; they can certainly be improved – you are more likely to be more successful in less time, with less money, and less stress.
Good time management skills put you in good stead not only for work, but also for your personal and family life. Because is only by being sure that your work life is well organised and prioritised that you can truly relax and let go during the time you set aside for personal refreshment and family life.
So, how many marks out of 10 do you give yourself for your time management?
Please answer by clicking on your answer in the poll then in the comments below, repeat your score PLUS tell us your top tip for managing your time most effectively so you get the most out of your day.
WHAT IS YOUR TOP TIME MANAGEMENT TIP?
Please put your answer in the comments 🙂